Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How did she get so brilliant?

I was talking to my daughter about life, how I really felt like a failure because I don't have energy to do anything. (stupid Rheumatoid Arthritis) My oh so wise daughter reminded me that pain in our bodies, the aches, the fatigue is so temporary. That in reality it is our spirit and heart that are well and doing what God wants us to do in the this season. That we need to keep our mind on the spirit and heart and move away from thinking about our temporary bodies. How did she get so brilliant?? It sparked in me, like a light bulb, like the switch was turn on. Why had I never thought about it that way! Here I was defeated, thinking I was a failure because I can't do what I use to do, can't do what I want to do. I was letting the enemy win! I might not have the energy and strength to run a marathon but I can keep my mind on the things that are eternal, that have real meaning, and in this way the enemy has no place in my life.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are[e] being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

I am sure that my daughters were all sent from heaven as a blessing to me, they remind me everyday of the truth, the light, the freedom in Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love learning from my children. You are a tremendous mother, and I'm glad you were encouraged today.

    ReplyDelete